Welcome to Statewide Public Education Online

Public Education Online logo
photo of mother and sons


Who is eligible?

You are eligible to participate in Public Education Online if you are in grades 9-12 and enrolled in a Utah public school. For the 2015-2016 school year, you may enroll in up to five credits in online courses. In the 2016-17 school year, students may take up to six credits online.

You may earn no more credits in a semester than the number of credits you may earn by taking a full course load during the regular school day at your high school classroom.

Where do I get information about the courses I can take through Statewide Online Education Program?

A list of providers, plus a course catalog for each of these, is available at www.schools.utah.gov . More information is available regarding NCAA course eligibility and Regent's Scholarship course acceptance at the bottom of the list of providers found on the page linked above. Please review these areas if these are issues that are of concern to you or your student.

How do I register?

Before choosing a course, please check the course lists at the provider websites linked to the "Provider List", above, to ensure that the Provider that you choose offers the course you are selecting. Providers will be specified, in the enrollment application, following the title of each course. Students are free to choose any available public education provider, and may do so by completing the Enrollment Request.

For your convenience, a link to the State Board of Education Graduation Requirements is available here: Graduation Requirements - High School. Please note that schools may have additional requirements, and your school counselor can advise you regarding coursework. In the Statewide Online Education Program Course Catalog within the SEATS enrollment application (linked above to the Enrollment Request/Course Credit Acknowledgement Form), courses are classified by the type of credit offered.

You may register at any time during the calendar year, but are encouraged to register during ordinary registration processes taking place each spring for the upcoming school year. Enrollments are currently being accepted for the 2015-16 school year.

Emery/BYU Independent Study Catalog

What if I want to graduate early?

You may be eligible to earn more credits in a semester than the number of credits you may earn by taking a full course load during the regular school day in your high school, if you intend to complete high school graduation requirements and exit high school early in accordance with your college and career ready plan (SEOP/CCRP).

Is the Electronic High School still available?

Electronic High School (EHS) continues to offer open-entry/open-exit classes for Utah at no cost to Utah students or schools.